As the hub for extended reality at University of Rochester, Studio X fosters a community of cross-disciplinary collaboration, exploration, and peer-to-peer learning that lowers barriers to entry, inspires experimentation, and drives innovative research and teaching in immersive technologies.
- Studio X lowers barriers to entry. Studio X supports students, faculty, and staff across the college in their efforts to experience, explore, and experiment with extended reality. Central to our mission is lowering barriers to entry for people new to XR. As such, there will be times when we prioritize space and equipment to meet this part of our mission.
- Studio X empowers students. Studio X supports students as researchers and values them as collaborators. Students help develop and run our programming, are central to our service point support, and are essential to the creative innovation produced by Studio X. Our programming aims are centered on student needs, training, and development.
- Studio X embraces experimentation. Everyone here is a learner. We encourage peer-to-peer learning. We value our students, faculty, and staff’s diverse experiences, perspectives, and expertise.
- Studio X encourages cross-disciplinary collaboration. XR requires cross-disciplinary expertise. As such, Studio X is a place where humanities, social sciences, and STEM fields are all needed and valued.
- Studio X imagines new modes of research and learning. Studio X aims to become a leader in academic XR innovation and grow to support faculty research across disciplines.
What is Studio X?
Mon-Thurs: 12 to 10pm
Fri-Sat: 12 to 5pm
Sun: 12 to 8pm