Resurrect3D is a browser-based 3D viewer currently in development by the Digital Scholarship Lab and the Lazarus Project. It is designed specifically as an open source alternative to services such as Sketchfab, with a suite of tools designed to facilitate scholarship and research of 3D objects. Contact digitalscholarshiplab [at] library.rochester.edu for more information.
Tuatara Skull (ward project)
mbira (Sekuru’s stories)
Hunt-Lenox globe (NYPL)
Instructions and Features
Studio X staff have experimented with the following platforms:
- Mozilla Hubs – free, open source, platform for meetings and conferences (platform agnostic)
- AltspaceVR – free, popular with XR community
- Engage VR – powerful platform for meetings, presentations, classes, and events (no Mac, $$$)
- Frame VR – platform for presentations and meetings (still in beta but free for now)
- Breakroom by Sinespace – powerful platform for meetings, presentations, classes, and events ($$$)
- Spatial – free platform for meetings but does not support full functionality for web
- VirBELA – powerful platform for meetings, presentations, classes, and events ($$$)
Questions? We’re happy to provide more information on these platforms.
Platform Comparison Resources