Like dancing to fun music, light sabers, and virtual reality? We have the perfect competition for you! Stop by Studio X over the next few weeks and participate in our three-round Beat Saber competition. Compete against your peers, and if you dominate and have one of the top-three scores, you will win a trophy. If you are the ultimate, numero uno, top dog Beat Saberer, you will win a fancy portable, wireless, waterproof Bluetooth speaker. Ooh La La!
But what’s Beat Saber, you say? Only the most popular VR game of all time! Beat Saber is a VR rhythm game in which you slash floating boxes as they fly toward you to the beat of the music with gigantic light sabers.
- Participants must be affiliated with the University of Rochester. Students, faculty, or staff are welcome to participate.
- Participants must complete all three rounds to be eligible for prizes.
- Participants must complete each round in Studio X.
- Scores must be recorded by a Studio X staff member.
- Participants will get three attempts for each of the three rounds.
- Participants are not allowed to use score multipliers.
- The songs will be chosen by Studio X staff.
- Once you have your score, you will be added to our scoreboard.
- At the end of rounds one and two, a selection of the lowest scoring participants will be eliminated. This depends on how many participants we have.
- The first week will be a song on easy mode, the second week a song on normal mode, and the third week a song on hard mode. You will have to follow the difficulty levels, no matter your current skill level.
You have the entire week to come into Studio X and complete that week’s song.
- Round 1 (easy) will be the week of November 15th.
- Round 2 (normal) will be the week of November 29th.
- Round 3 (hard) will be the week of December 6th.
Sign up here >> bit.ly/studioxbeatsaber2021