Meta Quest 3 is a wireless virtual reality (VR) headset created by Meta. Explore extraordinary new experiences in mixed reality with their most powerful Meta Quest yet.
These headsets may be reserved for up to four hours for use within Studio X. This headset may not leave Studio X.
Reservation & Usage Policies
- Borrowers may check out headsets for use within Studio X for up to four hours
- Last call for equipment is 30 minutes prior to Studio X’s closing.
- Reservations that are not picked up on time (~2 hours) will be made available to other patrons.
- Requests for more than two items of the same kind require approval from a Studio X staff member.
- No more than three items may be checked out to one person at the same time.
- Patrons are limited to booking equipment up to nine days a month.
- Equipment may be booked up to 21 days in advance.
- Equipment is available to currently enrolled UR students, faculty, and staff. Priority is given to borrowers using the equipment for course purposes.
- Studio X does not provide disposable accessories such as batteries.
- Renewing Reservations:
- Renewals are not automatic. You must check with Studio X staff to extend reservations.
- Picking Up Equipment:
- A valid UR ID is required to check out equipment and must be presented at time of checkout.
- Equipment must be picked up by the individual who made the reservation.
- Returning Equipment:
- Equipment must be returned directly to Studio X.
- Please do not attempt to sanitize equipment. Borrowers may inadvertently damage the equipment. Studio X staff will sanitize the equipment following this process before its next use.
Late Fees & Fines
- External Lending
- $25.00/day for seven days
- After seven days, the equipment is considered to be lost, and the replacement cost (item cost) is charged to the borrower’s account. Upon return, the replacement cost will be waived.
- Internal Lending
- $5.00/per hour until $25.00
- After one day, the equipment is considered to be lost, and the replacement cost (item cost) is charged to the borrower’s account. Upon return, the replacement cost will be waived.
- Fines and fees may be paid at the Carlson Q&i Desk using a credit card. Cash and checks are not accepted. Unpaid bills will be reported to the Bursar or other appropriate authority.
- When fines accrue to $100, patrons will be unable to reserve equipment until the fines are resolved.
Meta Quest 3 Specifications
- DISPLAY: LCD RGB
- LENSES: Pancake
- RESOLUTION (per eye): 2.064 x 2.208
- FRAMERATE: 72 | 90 | 120 Hz
- FIELD OF VIEW: 110°
- IPD: 58-70 mm
- PROCESSOR / GPU: Snapdragon XR2 Gen2
- HANDTRACKING: Yes, integrated
- MIXED REALITY: 2x 4MP RGB Cameras + Depth Sensor
- CONNECTIONS: Wi-Fi | Bluetooth | USB-C 3.0
- AUDIO: Integr. Speaker | 2x 3,5mm Jack | Microphone
- WEIGHT: 537 g