The EinScan-SE is a user-friendly, desktop 3D scanner with a turntable. It can scan small objects (250 x 250 x 250 mm (9.84 x 9.84 x 9.84 in)) in a short amount of time.
This 3D scanner can only be used inside of Studio X.
Reservation & Usage Policies
- Borrowers may check out the 3D Scanner for up to 4 hours if available.
- Last call for equipment is 30 minutes prior to Studio X’s closing.
- Reservations that are not picked up on time (~2 hours) will be made available to other patrons.
- Requests for more than two items of the same kind require approval from a Studio X staff member.
- No more than three items may be checked out to one person at the same time.
- Patrons are limited to booking equipment up to nine days a month.
- Equipment may be booked up to 21 days in advance.
- Equipment is available to currently enrolled UR students, faculty, and staff. Priority is given to borrowers using the equipment for course purposes.
- Studio X does not provide disposable accessories such as batteries.
- Renewing Reservations:
- Renewals are not automatic. You must check with Studio X staff to extend reservations.
- Picking Up Equipment:
- A valid UR ID is required to check out equipment and must be presented at time of checkout.
- Equipment must be picked up by the individual who made the reservation.
- Returning Equipment:
- Equipment must be returned directly to Studio X.
- Please do not attempt to sanitize equipment. Borrowers may inadvertently damage the equipment.
Late Fees & Fines
- External Lending
- $25.00/day for seven days
- After seven days, the equipment is considered to be lost, and the replacement cost (item cost) is charged to the borrower’s account. Upon return, the replacement cost will be waived.
- Once a fee is charged the account will be blocked until the equipment is returned.
- Internal Lending
- $5.00/per hour until $25.00
- After one day, the equipment is considered to be lost, and the replacement cost (item cost) is charged to the borrower’s account. Upon return, the replacement cost will be waived.
- Fines and fees may be paid at the Carlson Q&i Desk using a credit card. Cash and checks are not accepted. Unpaid bills will be reported to the Bursar or other appropriate authority.
- When fines accrue to $100, patrons will be unable to reserve equipment until the fines are resolved.
3D Scanner Specifications
- Single Scan Range 200×150 mm
- Maximum Scan Volume (Turntable) 250 x 250 x 250 mm (9.84 x 9.84 x 9.84 in)
- Scan Speed Single Scan <8 s
- Point Distance 0.17 mm ~ 0.2 mm
- File Format OBJ, STL, ASC, PLY, 3MF
- Camera Resolution 1.3 Mega Pixels
- Computer Requirements (Required) USB:1 ×USB 2.0 or 3.0; OS: Win10 (64 bit); CPU: Dual-core i5 ; RAM: 8G
- Computer Requirements (Recommended) Graphics card: Nvidia series;Graphics memory > 1G
- Load Capacity of Turntable 5 kg (11 lbs)
- To view the full spec list click this link